|“||Sorry for what? For caring more about yourselves than you do about me?||”|
Trish books Austin a gig singing at the Miami Internet Music Awards, but when he is only offered one ticket for a guest, Ally, Trish and Dez vie for his attention in order to claim it. After Austin accidentally says yes to each person, they all get upset with him, leaving Austin wondering if he should just go alone.
Trish gets a job at Megaphone World, but also has exciting news for Austin on a sheet (basically a letter). After accidentally giving
him the wrong one, Austin learns th
at Trish has booked him a gig at the national Miami Internet Music Awards, with famous rapper Shiny Money sampling his song "Double Take", but the catch is that he can go with only one ticket for one extra person. This sends the girls and Dez into a competition to win Austin's ticket. Trish's attempt is serving Austin with chocolate-frosted french fries, Dez's attempt is ripping off his pants and handing them to Austin (something he has done numerously in the past), and Ally's attempt is simply talking to him for a long time. After Austin accidentally says yes to each person, they get all upset with him, leading him to decide not to go at all, sacrificing his gig for his own friends. This evokes his friends to angrily believe that he doesn't care about them. This sets Austin off and he snaps at his friends, saying that they're acting like spoiled babies, and ironically enough, he accepts Nelson as his extra friend. At an exclusive room of the show's venue, food is packed on the tables and Nelson helps himself to chocolate-covered
hot dogs and covering his forearms with cotton candy.
Left behind, the girld and Dez realizes what they've done to Austin and plot to make it up to him by sneaking into the award show. Their plan is later executed when they masquerade as background dancers wearing garbage bag outfits for Austin and Shiny's performance, but the cans they hide in end up being moved onstage. They escape from their cans in the performance, and Ally gets caught and pursued by one of the guards. At the end of the performance, Shiny jumps off of a collection of barrels, hoping to be caught by the fellow dancers (Dez and Trish, in this case), but he is let down and falls directly onto the floor.
Austin's friends later explain that they realized their behavior and the reason they came to the show was so that they could support him. With this Austin forgives his friends for ruining the award show for him as an injured Shiny rolls by on a stretcher, angry at Dez and Trish for not catching him on his jump. The episode concludes back at Sonic Boom. Austin is talking with Dez and eating pizza but realizes too late that he had left Nelson behind in the food room at the venue. The final shot shows Nelson still in the room, having a blast with his food.
Because, you gave me frosted french fries. And Dez gave me his pants. And Ally talked for a really long time.
- Ross Lynch as Austin Moon
- Laura Marano as Ally Dawson
- Calum Worthy as Dez Wade
- Raini Rodriguez as Trish De La Rosa
- Dez's use of a football helmet to play drums isn't such a new idea. Munetaka Higuchi (1958-2008) of the Japanese heavy metal band Loudness wore a bicycle helmet during a concert.
- Trish was hired and fired from two jobs, Megaphone World and The Dress Hut.
- The Dress Hut is a parody of Dress Barn.
- The episode title refers to Austin receiving only one ticket for the music awards, and the rest of Team Austin sneaking in while dressed in trash bags.
- A section of this episode was featured in the "A Billion Hits" music video.
- When Dez says he wishes he owned a penguin, Ally says, "And where would you keep a penguin, anyway, Dez? In a bathtub with ice in it?" This is a reference to the book, "Mr. Popper's Penguins", in which the main character does exactly that.
- Austin, "I couldn't even decide which shoes to wear this morning!" and you see him wearing one green shoe and one pink shoe. Later on, his shoes were the same color.
- When Nelson fell you could hear a bunch of things breaking. But when Austin left nothing is broken.
- When the garbage can fell when Ally is in it if you look closely you can see her feet poking out the bottom of the trash can.
- Austin should have been able to buy them tickets because he could pay for the practice room to be remodeled in "Rockers & Writers" and the piano in "Partners & Parachutes". Although, it's possible that he didn't have enough money left from either.
To see the Tickets & Trashbags transcript, click here.