|“||According to this contract... I OWN YOU.||”|
"Solos & Stray Kitties" is the fifteenth episode in Season 2 of Austin & Ally and the 34th episode overall. The air date is June 2nd, 2013. The episode was the fourteenth episode filmed of Season 2. On the night of its premiere, it earned 3.19 million viewers.
As Ally's manager, Trish books her an audition for a big showcase. But when Ally gets a spot in the band, "The Stray Kitties", she has to change her current style into a goth look because of her part in the band as "Wicked Kitty". Ally decides she doesn't want to be in the band anymore, but the kitty claws come out when her band manager won't allow Ally to leave the band, because in the contract that Ally signed, her band manager has the right to own her. Now Austin, Trish, and Dez have to find a way to get Ally out of the band.
Trish calls a Team Austin meeting, but can't decide whether she wants it to be about Austin or Ally. Eventually, she mentions that she booked Ally an audition for a big showcase. Before the audition, Dez spots a pretty redhead who is also at the same audition, and falls madly in love with her. Ally gets the spot in the band, "The Stray Kitties", but she is denied the opportunity to perform any of her own music, and has to change her current style into a goth look because of her part in the band as "Wicked Kitty". Coincidentally, the girl that Dez has fallen for is another member of the group named "Glamour Kitty." Both she and "Country Kitty" reject Ally immediately, and the rehearsal of the music video for the song "Pillow Fight," doesn't turn out so well, when she smacks her fellow band-members harder than she's supposed to with her pillow.
Still in love with Glamour Kitty, Dez seeks Austin's advice on how to woo her. At first, Austin tried to show him a technique to picking girls up, but when Dez tries the same thing, he fails miserably as expected. Instead, he reminds him that because she's glamorous, he should buy her expensive gifts. Not only does he do just that, but he also begins presenting himself as a suave, sophisticated "James Bond"-type spy. His routine seems like it may actually be successful.
Ally decides she doesn't want to be in the band anymore, especially after a rotten performance of the group's song. But the kitty claws come out when her band manager won't allow Ally to leave the band, because in the contract that Ally signed, her band manager has the right to own her. Now Austin, Trish, and Dez have to find a way to get Ally out of the band. Austin tricks the rest of the Stray Kitties into taking a special entrance at the club that in reality leads to an alley behind that club, giving Ally the opportunity to go on state as herself and do a solo performance of "You Can Come to Me," although it ends up including the special effects that Val planned for her group. Trish decides to buy the band manager flowers and has to sign their "own" contract which says that she can't own Ally and the band manager got tricked into signing it.
Once again, Dez decides to get another gift for Glamour Kitty, just as she's taking off her makeup, and she reveals she's not into all the bling. In fact, she has more in common with Dez than he realizes such as liking Zalien movies and wearing wacky clothes and actually believes he's far too sophisticated for her, thus they have nothing in common.
- Ross Lynch as Austin Moon
- Laura Marano as Ally Dawson
- Calum Worthy as Dez Wade
- Raini Rodriguez as Trish De la Rosa
- Skyler Vallo as Country Citty
- Kimberly Whalen as Glamour Citty
- Saidah Arrika Ekulona as Val Crawford
Austin: [tears the contract]
Trish: Okay! You're right on time for the first official team Austin... And team Ally meeting.
Austin: The key to an audition: confidence, flavor, and swag.
Austin: Ally, it seems like only yesterday, we were standing here, picking up the pieces of the cello bow that Dez and I broke.
Trish: Austin, you asked me to book rehearsal space, schedule a photo shoot, and to update your website. I'm happy to report that all of those things... are officially on my To-Do List.
Dez: Well, that no-good hack wouldn't know talent if it hit him over the head!
Dez: You need two things. The best Ally you can be, and boxing a kangaroo!
- Ally will sing a solo, (referring to a part of the episode name, Solos,) and Austin will play the guitar as her accompanist.
- The part of the episode name Stray Kitties, is referring to name of the band Ally joins.
- Ally becomes goth in this episode hence her name "Wicked Kitty".
- The name Stray Kitties may be a parody of the album and band Stray Cats.
- Dez falls in love with one of Ally's band-mates, Glamour Kitty.
- Disney On Demand has this episode under the name "Solos & Kitties"
- On the TV Guide, Disney gives no summary/description for this episode
- Ally sings a solo, and the song she sings is "You Can Come to Me".
- As of this episode it maybe possible that Austin is still under the "Kitty Cat" influence from "Deejays & Demos" because he was playing with the cat-toy on the stick.
- Ally says "greaty great great" to Val, the same way she did to Austin in "Tickets & Trashbags".
- Austin doesn't sing at all in this episode.
- Dez has a crush for the 1st time.
- This episode makes references to Chapters & Choices. One reference is the red jacket that Austin wears. The second reference is the song "You Can Come To Me".
- Ally danced with The Stray Kitties in this episode, meaning that she may have learned to dance.
- Dez mentions that his mom watches Judge Jody, which is an obvious parody of Judge Judy.
- In the beginning, during the Austin and Ally Meeting, there is somebody working the desk at Sonic Boom (on the phone, with customers, etc). However, Ally and Lester are the only employees.
- When The Stray Kitties were performing, Ally was dancing; yet it is seen in previous episodes she is extremely bad at dancing.
- It's unknown how Dez could afford the bracelet for Glamour Kitty as shown in "Austin & Jessie & Ally All Star New Year" it's revealed he doesn't have much money. Although, it is possible Dez took it from his mom. It could also be possible that since he won the chili contest in the previous episode, he may have won the money.
To view the Solos & Stray Kitties transcript, click here.