|“||I'm gonna stay with you for the rest of the tour!||”|
After missing most of Austin's tour to focus on her music career in Miami, Ally longs for her friends and decides to catch Austin’s performance in Portland. Ally barely makes it on time, and is now torn between continuing to work on her own music, or joining her friends for the last leg of Austin’s tour.
The episode starts out with Ally standing behind the counter of Sonic Boom; she is caught by surprise and happiness when she sees Trish and Dez in the doorway. She hugs both of them and tells Trish that, although she has written and completed 6 songs, she has failed to complete other songs. Right when she is about to name the cause, however, Austin calls her name. She says his name in awe; they then run up to each other before hugging and twirling each other. Lester then breaks her out of her trance; she realizes that the Austin she was twirling was really Frank the delivery guy. Lester discusses his concern over Ally's hallucinations -- she dismisses them at first, but then she sees Austin in a Tim's Square Pizza delivery outfit, Austin as one of her students, Austin as an elderly lady and even her own dad -- and Ally sadly agrees.
Meanwhile, Austin is not doing any better -- after finishing up one of his shows, he thinks that he sees Ally and runs up to hug her, but it is really a security guard. Later on, Ally talks to them via mobile devices and, after a bit of coaxing and eloquence, Ally agrees to visit them for the weekend in Portland to watch Austin's next concert. She gets out at the wrong airport, however -- since she goes to Portland, Maine, while Austin, Trish and Dez are in Portland, Oregon -- but manages to raise enough money by performing an acoustic version of The Me That You Don't See.
Meanwhile, when Dez rushes into the bathroom before Austin, Austin sleepily goes to the bathroom at the rest stop. He accidentally goes onto the wrong bus, as Ally, Trish and Dez discover when they try to surprise him with Ally's early arrival. After doing favors for the Buttercups, Lulu lets Austin use his phone, and he arranges to go to Washington and meet up with them. However, he ends up in Washington, D.C., while his friends are in Seattle, Washington. By the time he arrives, he is twenty minutes late for his concert. He gives Ally a big hug, and it takes Trish to break them up and get him performing.
He stops his show twice -- both times to discuss with Ally how she has to go to a meeting with Ronnie Ramone on Monday -- before Ally finally says that, since Austin is a good influence on her song writing, she can reschedule the meeting so that she can arrive with finished songs. They hug again before Trish reminds Austin that 10,000 fans are waiting for him to perform.
At the end of the episode, Trish, Austin and Dez wake up and open the curtains to Ally's bed -- and promptly discover that Lulu the Buttercup has taken her spot. Meanwhile, Ally finds herself on the same bus as the rest of the Buttercups.
Trish: Nobody's seen him. I've looked everywhere. He's not here.
Trish: *phone rings* Ally, where are you?
Ally: I finally realized why I've had so much trouble finishing songs. I need someone to bounce my ideas off of. I need inspiration. I need you.
Ally: I don't see him.
Austin: Ally, I'm only gonna be on tour for a few more days. Maybe it's time for you to use that thing.
- Can't Do It Without You (theme song)
- Chasin' the Beat of My Heart (premiere)
- The Me That You Don't See (acoustic)
- You Don't See Me (Dez's funny cover)
- Living In The Moment (instrumental)
- Ross Lynch as Austin Moon
- Laura Marano as Ally Dawson
- Raini Rodriguez as Trish De la Rosa
- Calum Worthy as Dez Wade
- Molly Jackson as Lulu
- This episode began filming on July 8, 2013. 
- In the scene where Ally played guitar Ross, who plays Austin, taught Laura who played Ally how to play.
- It is the only new episode to air in October 2013 and during Disney Channel's Monstober.
- It is revealed that Austin put a plane ticket in the card he gave Ally so she can meet them on any part of his tour.
- Both Austin and Ally had hallucinations about each other.
- One of Dez's nicknames for Austin is revealed to be Little Golden Toes.
- Dez made a parody of You Don't See Me sung by Ally.
- This is the second episode that has Ally playing the guitar. The first was Bloggers & Butterflies.
- This episode is the second to prove how bad Austin is at Geography, the first being Tunes & Trials where he did not know there was a North Dakota and a West Virginia.
- Since it's season premiere, character's hair changed: Ally's hair is straighter and doesn't fringe so much, and the blond highlights are darker and more faded. Also, Austin and Dez have shorter hair, and Trish has longer hair.
- Even though this was the Season 3 premiere there was no change to the theme song video.
- Ally imagined Austin as:
- "Tim's Square Pizza", from "Big Dreams & Big Apples", make a sort of second appearance by a pizza boy when Ally was imagining Austin.
To view the Road Trips & Reunions transcript, click here.
- "Sunday Cable Ratings: 'The Walking Dead' Wins Night, 'Talking Dead', 'Homeland', 'Boardwalk Empire', 'Witches of East End' & More" by Sara Bibel (TV By the Numbers: October 29th, 2013)
- Disney Channel October 2013 Programming Highlights (Nick and More; September 26, 2013)
- Laura Marano Interview at Monsters University Premiere