|“||Without love, what's the point of any of this?||”|
— Dez and Austin
"Relationships & Red Carpets" is the 22nd episode in Season 3 of Austin & Ally. This episode is the season finale, which aired on November 23, 2014, and the final episode to be filmed in Season 3. The episode got 2.898 million viewers on its night of premiere.
Austin and Ally's relationship hits another roadblock when his music label forces him to hide their relationship from the public. Meanwhile, Dez contemplates moving to L.A. in an effort to be closer to his girlfriend and attend film school.
The episode starts with Austin & Ally looking at the tablet. Dez comes in and asks them what the big news is. Ally then announces that they are both nominated for "best debut album" up at the WMA's.
Dez gets excited but quickly questions why Ally is nominated, too. The three share a group hug, just as Ally gets a text from Trish that she is coming to Sonic Boom with big news. Not wanting to upset Trish by telling her they already know the news, they pretend they hadn't heard. Trish eventually finds out, as they all admit they already knew.
In the next scene in the practice room, Austin and Ally are practicing their red carpet walk when Austin tells Ally that she should be on his good side. Austin's parents then come in to congratulate Austin, telling Ally they weren't going to play favorites. With that, they turn around, revealing matching "Austin Rocks, Ally Doesn't" sweaters. Ally then shows Austin that her dad drew a mustache on his poster.
In the next scene at Sonic Boom, Trish asked Dez where Carrie is when she is supposed to be watching Sonic Boom. Just as Dez says that she's in the back setting up drum kits, Carrie comes out with a drum covering her head. Dez takes it off and asks her what happened. She revealed that she put the drum on her head on purpose because she doesn't want anyone to see her cry. He asks her why she's crying, to which she replies by handing him a note saying that she is moving to LA. At first, he is confused, until Trish explains that she's moving alone. Carrie clarifies that she's moving because her father got a job. Upset, Dez puts a drum on his head, saying he doesn't want anyone to see him cry.
Jimmy comes in to congratulate Austin & Ally on their nominations when he sees them hugging. Austin explains that he and Ally are back together, to which Jimmy retorts that he can't have a girlfriend if it will affect his career. He then tells them that they cannot go to the WMAs and walk down the red carpet together.
The next scene shows Austin and Ally at an unknown restaurant, discussing how they can't stop being a couple. Austin then comes up with an idea: they can pretend that they are not a couple in public, so they can convince Jimmy to let them go to the WMAs together. Ally happily agrees with Austin's plan, but they realize it will be harder than they thought when they are forced to pull away from their hug since people are staring.
They continue trying throughout the episode but the harder they try, the worse it gets. Dez then comes down with Trish and reveals that Carrie has already left for LA. Trish tries to calm him down by telling him that she's still together with Jace, even though she misses him a lot. This upsets her and causes her to go call Jace. Austin and Ally continue having troubles with keeping their relationship private.
At the red carpet, Austin talks to Trish, who tells him she's signed another client. Austin talks with Jimmy about his relationship with Ally and Jimmy makes him choose between Ally and his career. Ally finds out about this and feels guilty, so she and Austin temporarily brake up, leaving Ally in tears.
Austin is still outside when Dez tells him that, because Carrie is going back to LA, he's going with her, leaving Austin crushed. Dez then explains himself, saying that " Without love, what's the point of any of this? ", reminding Austin of Ally.
In the next scene, Nikki Rush announces that the award for best debut album goes to neither, but to Jasmine Fiera. However, when Jasmine is giving her speech, Austin decides to go on stage and declaring that he chooses Ally over his career, claiming that, " Ally, when I first met you, I had no idea that you'd be the best thing that ever happened to me. I can't imagine my life without you. I love you, Ally"
Ally replies with, "I love you too, Austin!", as she runs on stage and shares her fourth kiss with Austin (which is also the most passionate) and they get back together.
In the final scene, back in the store, Trish reveals that Jimmy has officially dropped Austin from his label. Austin isn't upset, as he's sure he made the right choice, before hugging Ally tightly. Austin also says that he can't wait to join Ally on tour to which she replies that they're going to have lots of fun. The gang then says goodbye and shares a hug, before leaving Sonic Boom. Ally starts walking out but walks back in to get her songbook. Austin walks in smiling, saying, " Are you ready to do this?", to which she replies with, "Yeah, I am" while smiling. Austin and Ally then leave the store as a very happy couple, heading for the tour as the episode ends.
Austin: Ally, when I first met you I had no idea that you'd be the best thing that ever happened to me. I can't imagine my life without you. I love you Ally!
Ally: I love you too, Austin!
(Ally runs on the stage and Austin and Ally kiss)
Austin: Without love, what's the point of any of this?
Austin: You'd stop me from making music?
Austin: I don't want to lose you again.
(Auslly are in the practice room)
Ally: Oh, the dress? Amovionkie, the boyfriend? Austin Moon
Mimi: (smiles) Aww, look at you two!
(Jimmy walks into Sonic Boom and Austin and Ally are sitting down)
Ally: We're walking the red carpet together, we decided on left wink, right side
(Auslly are on a date)
Austin:What does Jimmy expect us to do? Pretend like we're not a couple for the rest of our lives?
Ally: How are we supposed to be in a relationship, but spend time acting like we're not? I was really looking forward to going to the WMA's with you.
Austin: Maybe we still can. If we can prove to Jimmy that we can be in public without acting like a couple, he'll have to let us go!
Ally: (smiles) Great idea! We can do that!
Dez: [sees Auslly hugging and walks up to them] What are you doing?
Mimi: Aww, Ally, look so beautiful! Here, these are from Austin. (hands Ally flowers)
(Austin's walking the red carpet and notices Ally)
Austin: Whoa. Ally, you look... whoa.
Ally: (blushes and smiles) You look great, too.
(they step closer together)
Austin: Jimmy we need to talk. I don't wanna hide my relationship with Ally anymore.
Jimmy: Austin, I know you're upset, but I know what I'm doing. Do you think you could have gotten here if it wasn't for me?
Austin: No, I would have to have rode my bike. That would have been awful, I do not look good with helmet hair.
Jimmy: I am not talking about my limo! Austin, since you signed with my label, you're on the urge of becoming a superstar.
Austin: But, I don't wanna be a superstar if I have to hurt Ally to do it. Look Jimmy, I can't keep hiding this, she's my girlfriend.
Austin: [runs to Ally] What's going on?
(Austin's on stage)
Austin: Ally, when I first met you, I had no idea that you'd be the best thing that ever happened to me. I can't imagine my life without you. I love you, Ally.
Ally: (crying of happiness) I love you too, Austin!
(Ally runs on the stage, wraps her arms around Austin's neck and they share a passionate kiss)
Austin: …(smiles) It stinks, but I've already made my choice, and it was the right one (hugs Ally) I can't wait to join you on your tour
Ally(excitedly smiles) We're gonna have so much fun!
(Austin walks back into the store after saying bye to Trish and Dez)
Austin: (smiles) Are you ready to do this?
Ally: (smiles) Yeah, I am.
(they both smile, Austin puts his arm around Ally, and they leave the store)
- Can't Do It Without You (theme song)
- Ross Lynch as Austin Moon
- Laura Marano Ally Dawson
- Raini Rodriguez as Trish De la Rosa
- Calum Worthy as Dez Wade
- Andy Milder as Lester Dawson
- Jill Benjamin as Mimi Moon
- John Henson as Mike Moon
- Hannah Kat Jones as Carrie
- Richard Whiten as Jimmy Starr
- Tyne Stecklein as Jasmine Fiera
- Claudia DiFolco as 'Entertain Me Tonight' Host
- Chelsea Harris as Nikki Rush
- Chelsea O'Toole as Music Awards Winner
- Natalija Ugrina as Music Awards Nominee
- This episode is the Season 3 finale.
- Some people thought that it was the series finale.
- This is the first episode where Jimmy Starr appears as an antagonist.
- This was the first episode where the name "Auslly" was used, officially canonizing the ship name.
- Trish considers starting her own management company.
- Shredder's Beach Club did not appear in this episode, unlike most episodes. 
- This is the second major event in Season 3, the first being the prom in Proms & Promises and in Last Dances & Last Chances.
- Dez moves to L.A in this episode.
- Mimi and Mike Moon return for the first time since Parents & Punishments, a Season 2 episode.
- Austin loses his record deal with Jimmy in this episode.
- Ally, alongside with Austin, goes on her first tour in this episode.
- Auslly admitted they love each other.
- Austin and Ally shared their fourth kiss, which was Auslly's first making out (sort of).
- This was the first season finale that didn't feature a song.
- This was not the final appearance of Carrie, as she is seen later in Season 4.
- In the final scene, Austin wore the same red jacket that he wore in Tunes & Trials. Also, Ally wore the same blue jacket that she wore in Future Sounds & Festival Songs.
- The gang went their separate ways, however, they will see each other in LA during the summer.
- The 'Auslly Arc' continues in this episode (fourteenth part)
- The dress that Carrie wore on the red carpet was the same one Tawni Hart wore in the Sonny With a Chance episode, "Sonny With a Choice". Ironically, both episodes were about Red Carpets.
- Ally cried happy tears in this episode when she and Austin finally admitted they love each other. This was the first time Ally cried.
- Austin and Ally temporarily broke up and then got back together in the next scene.
- Ally quotes Armand Bianchi (already seen in Fashion Shows & First Impressions).
- This seems to be the opposite episode of Successes & Setbacks.
- The episode title refers to Austin and Ally being forced to hide their relationship and the red carpet they attend.
- Beyoncé was mentioned in the episode.
To view the Relationships & Red Carpets transcript, click here.
- Disney Channel November 2014 Programming Highlights
Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "Disney Channel November 2014 Programming Highlights" defined multiple times with different content
- Austin & Ally Writers tweet about beach club