|“||I got into Harvard!||”|
"Rejection & Rocketships" is the 16th episode in Season 4 of Austin & Ally. It was the 15th episode filmed of the season. This episode premiered on November 8, 2015. The episode's premiere was watched by 1.79 million views.
When Ally is rejected from college, she decides to let go of her “perfect student” ways. Meanwhile, Austin and Dez discover their favorite childhood ride will shut down forever.
The episode opens with Ally walking in the A&A Music Factory carrying a box full of trophies while saying to her friends that she had just founded out that her Harvard interview is going to be at the Music Factory and had to show her proudest achievement. While she was talking, Austin grabs one of the trophies from the box. When she put down the box onto a table, he starts asking her if she wanted to show a second-place trophy for a macaroni necklace making competition when she was six years old. Ally then takes the trophy back and puts it inside the box. Austin then asks her why she gets an application because they weren’t due for months. She answered that was because she had applied for early admission and also said that Harvard was her dream school because her mother, Penny Dawson had gone there and she wanted to follow her footsteps.
- Can't Do It Without You (theme song)
- Ross Lynch as Austin Moon
- Laura Marano as Ally Dawson
- Raini Rodriguez as Trish De la Rosa
- Calum Worthy as Dez Wade
- This episode has been directed by Raini Rodriguez who portrays Trish on the show. This episode not only marks the first time a cast member on the show directed an episode but also Rodriguez's directorial debut.
- This is the second episode where a cast member on the show did behind the scenes work on an episode in addition to their on-screen work. The first was Eggs & Extraterrestrials where Calum Worthy served as the lead writer.
- The cast had the table read of this episode on March 9, 2015.
- This episode began filming on March 12, 2015.
- At first, Ally is rejected from the college of her dreams, Harvard, but is then accepted at the end.
- The episode title refers to Ally being rejected from Harvard and the rocket ship ride.