|“||I am the reporter for Cheetah Beat!||”|
Trish books Austin the cover of Cheetah Beat, but when the journalist shows up, everyone realizes Trish has embellished Austin's hobbies, skills and interests. Team Austin has to find a way to keep the journalist impressed and at the same time, keeping Austin out of big trouble.
- Ross Lynch as Austin Moon
- Laura Marano as Ally Dawson
- Raini Rodriguez as Trish De la Rosa
- Calum Worthy as Dez Wade
- Cheetah Beat is a parody of Tiger Beat.
- This is the second Disney TV show to have a parody of Tiger Beat. The first show was JESSIE in the episode Used Karma with Leopard Beat.
- This episode was scheduled to air a week after Shake It Up, Make Your Mark Dance Off, where Ross Lynch performed the opening number Can You Feel It.
- In this episode Austin is dating Brooke, one of his three confirmed temporary love interests in Season 2.
- The episode was the most viewed episode that night on Disney.
- The episode title refers to Team Austin having to complete tasks that Trish claimed Austin has done, for an interview for the magazine, Cheetah Beat.
- It is revealed that Austin and Brooke had 3 dates. Brooke had a napkin from their first date, a mini golf score card from their second date, and a crouton from the salad they just had.
- Trish revealed in this episode that she is unable to swim.
- This episode is the first one featuring three songs (not including Can't Do It Without You).
- Ally likes the word "bungee".
- When the European Supermodel is introduced, she is wearing the same dress as Trina Vega in the Victorious episode "Prom Wrecker".
Dez: Well, Austin Moon collects grizzly bears!
Austin: It's teddy bears.
Megan: O.M.G. Austin Moon; it's really you! [takes picture of him]
Dez: Not now kid, we're waiting for a reporter from Cheetah Beat.
Megan: I am the reporter. Megan Simms. [shakes hand with Austin]
Dez: Austin, the secret is to visualize your hand going through the board. It's a piece of cake. HIII-YAHHHHH! [tries to break piece of wood] [starts screaming really loud and high-pitched]
Dez: Ahhhh! I just had the worst nightmare; we were hanging out with this 10 year old girl, and she just wouldn't leave us alo- [spots Megan] -o-one... Good morning, little angel.
Ally: I-I'm sorry! I panicked! I didn't want to let her down!
Trish: Well now we're all going down a giant bridge, with a rope tied around us! Thanks Ally.
Megan: Yeah, do it! Do it.
Ally: Yeah, do it. Do it.
Austin: You know what they say, if a friend jumps off a bridge, you should too!
Ally: I don't think that's what they say.
Ally: You shouldn't have lied. Being cool isn't about doing crazy, exciting things. It's those special qualities you have deep down that make you cool.
Dez: Yeah, that sounds like something an uncool person would say.
- Megan said that she couldn't wait for the theme party, implying that it was Saturday. The sign on the table said Taco Tuesday.
- When Austin is performing "Who I Am" at the Glow-in-the-Dark party, he isn't actually playing his guitar. He's just holding it and strumming, but not actually playing any chords on it.
- Dez said that he put the crickets in worms when it obviously was spaghetti noodles.
- The European model only says, "Austin Moon my boyfriend!"
- Dez more than once called Megan "Little angel", when he was talking badly about her and then she comes.
To view the Magazines & Made-Up Stuff transcript, click here.