|“||I'm pumped too! I'mma study at the library all day and teach myself calculus all night! Woo-hoo!||”|
Shiny Money invites Team Austin to his annual swamp blast.
After Team Austin gets invited to go to the swamp blast, they head to Shiny Money's boathouse in the Everglades. While Austin and Ally are trying to work on a new song, Dez and Trish plan to film a documentary - an assignment for Dez to do for his film class. Before they head out, however, all four meet Clavis, who tells him about the legend of Big Mama. Clavis' visit causes Trish and Dez to want him to tell more of the story, which disallows Austin and Ally to start working more on the song. Dez and Trish decide to film the documentary on Big Mama, in hopes of finding the alligator somewhere in the Everglades. But, then they set off a power outage, which not only cuts off the electricity from the houseboat, but Austin and Ally are no longer able to use the golden keyboard to write the song. That night, everyone must sleep outside since there is no longer any running electricity for air conditioning.
The following morning, Trish and Dez head into the deeper woods of the Everglades, finally leaving Austin and Ally to work on the song alone. However, neither have any other instruments, so they call Clavis for some help. They hope that he gives him instruments to practice with, but instead, he hands them blowing jars and a thumping bucket. While they may not have been the most preferable instruments, Austin and Ally finish the song anyway. Trish and Dez come back from the outside just as they finish practicing the song.
But, not long after that, Trish and Dez had seemed to accidentally lure in legendary alligator, Big Mama. Chaos quickly ensues as they try to make the alligator go away and keep the houseboat and their summer vacation afloat. It turns out that all Big Mama wants is Baby Gator - a small alligator that Dez lured along as well due to the meat in the back of his pocket. Team Austin gives back Baby Gator, leading the alligators away from them. But, in order to be safe, Dez drills a hole in the boat, which was a way to make sure that the animals are gone. The boat ends up sinking, leaving Shiny Money upset, but finds out that Big Mama isn't just a legend also, meaning that he gets injured again.
Into the night, the annual swamp blast takes off with Austin's performance of Na, Na, Na (The Summer Song). When all are finally back in Sonic Boom a while later, Dez shows the film that he directed and edited. It's a trailer for a horror movie, filmed in the Everglades, featuring Trish.
Austin: I'm so pumped for summer break, I'm gonna chill at the beach all day and rock out all night! Woo-hoo!
Ally: I'm pumped too, I'mma chill at the library all day and teach myself calculus all night! Woo-hoo!
Austin: Hey. We haven't seen you since we performed together at the Internet Music Awards.
Shiny Money: That was so cool, up until your friends broke my arms and legs.
Trish: Now the four of us can finally have vacation together.
Shiny Money: You're not invited.
Austin: Please let them come.
Austin, Ally, Trish and Dez: Please, please, please, please, please, please, please-
Austin: I feel like the weight of the world is off my shoulders!
Trish: Yeah, that's cause we're carrying all the bags!
Austin: The sooner we finish this song, the sooner we get to start our va-ca!
Ally: Then we can par-tay!
Austin: Put away the calculator.
- Ross Lynch as Austin Moon
- Laura Marano as Ally Dawson
- Raini Rodriguez as Trish De La Rosa
- Calum Worthy as Dez Wade
- This episode marks Shiny Money's second appearance on the show, first being on Tickets & Trashbags.
- This episode is part of Disney Channel's Summer Adventure Weekend.
- This is the 5th episode to feature an animal. The 1st was Kangaroos & Chaos, the 2nd was Zaliens & Cloud Watchers, the 3rd was Songwriting & Starfish and the 4th was myTAB & My Pet.
- This is the first episode to directly mention a character, i.e. Ally (Ally-Gator). in its title.
- The title is also a reference to Soups & Stars, where Ally's nickname, Ally-Gator, was introduced.
- Ally and Austin are both scared of spiders.
- This episode title refers to the setting taking place in Shiny Money's boathouse in the Everglades, and the large alligator, Big Mama.
- This episode was ranked #2 in Disney Channel Australia's "Fan picked Austin & Ally Countdown".
- This is the second episode that doesn't have alliteration in the title. The first was Zaliens & Cloud Watchers.
- This episode was filmed as the season finale but aired as the 17th episode.
- Shiny Money had a solid gold goldfish, but the fish floated, proving that it wasn't really gold.
- The song Na Na Na (The Summer Song), was the theme song for Disney Channel Summer of 2012.
- This was the first summer-related episode in the series.
- It is revealed that Ally silent screams.
- After Shiny Money's boat sank, everyone's hair was wet except Trish's.
- The song Austin performed is "Na Na Na (The Summer Song)", but the credits list it as "Na Na Na (The Vacation Song)"
To view the Everglades & Ally-Gators transcript, click here.